Dillon Gabriel, a quarterback for the Oklahoma Sooners, was born on December 28, 2000. Gabriel graduated from Mililani High School in Mililani, Hawaii, and enrolled at UCF in 2019 before relocating to Oklahoma in 2022. Hewas an active basketball and baseball player as a youth. However, he concentrated on football and baseball while attending Mililani High School.
Dillon gabriel was named Gatorade High School Football Player of the Year for Hawaii as a senior in 2018, throwing for 3,754 yards and 38 touchdowns. Gabriel has committed to play football for the University of Central Florida after passing for 9,948 yards and 105 touchdowns throughout his career (UCF).
Beginning of Dillon Gabriel’s football career
Dillon gabriel started 25 of 26 games for UCF, completing 60.7% (554 of 913) of his passes for 8,037 yards, 70 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions while also rushing for 372 yards and eight touchdowns and receiving one touchdown pass. Gabriel scored at least once in each of his 26 games, including two in 20 and four in seven.
UCF’s lifetime records for yards per throw attempt (8.8) and interception/pass attempt ratio (.015) aided UCF offenses that finished second nationally in 2020 (540.5). (568.1). UCF’s offense ranked second in the country (568.1 yards per game) in 2019. (568.1). And, with an average of 14.5 yards per completion, UCF’s 13 games of at least 300 yards were second in school history.
UCF in 2021
- He suffered a season-ending injury against Louisville after starting the first three games.
- He completed 70 of 102 passes (68.6%) for 814 yards and nine touchdowns.
- He ran 24 times for 125 yards and two touchdowns at Louisville.
- He completed 22 of 29 throws for 184 yards and three touchdowns, as well as going 23-of-36 for two scores and running for 43 yards twice (44-yard TD).
- Dillon gabriel finished second in the country with 373.9 yards per game at 3,739 yards per game.
- In addition, he completed 248 of 413 passes for 3,570 yards (6.0%). He was also a finalist for the Maxwell-Davey O’Brien Quarterback of the Year award.
- He was also chosen to the American Athletic Conference’s All-Academic Team.
- He started all 13 games as a freshman and was awarded second-team All-American Athletic Conference by PFF.
- He was also named to the American Athletic Conference’s All-Academic Team.
- His offense was second in yards per play (540.5), sixth in scoring (43.4 ppg), and ninth in throwing yards per play (540.5), (3116.7).
- Passed for 260 yards and two touchdowns against Marshall (12/23), and then ran for another touchdown against Houston (11/2).
Dillon Gabriel is rated sixth in CBS Sports’ inaugural 2022 quarterback rankings
Dillon Gabriel will take the field against UTEP on Saturday for his 26th start and 27th game at the college level. He’s seasoned and prolific, and he’s undoubtedly one of the best 10 college quarterbacks in the country right now. After rejoining with Jeff Lebby, Gabriel and the Oklahoma offense are ready to go.
Gabriel is ranked as one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the country by CBS Sports. Gabriel is placed sixth in their first QB Power rankings. According to Tom Fornelli, the rankings are based on “highly-scientific factors, such as how well they’re playing, how well their teams are going, their statistical profiles, and those aforementioned vibes, baby.
Garrett was the first to follow Gabriel’s lead, and his boys did as he ordered, despite Gabriel’s lack of desire for them to become athletes.